I’m excited to show you the results of my first crocheted hat!
So here’s the disappointment: it was supposed to be a big, bunchy slouchy hat. On the plus side, I managed to complete the complicated stitch pattern after starting the hat 5 times, and unraveling several rounds as I progressed.
I learned a lesson about gauge: the size of the crochet hook and my yarn will affect the final product. As I moved along, I was getting the feeling that it was too small. So, now I have this beanie, which fits, but it’s really much tinier than I wanted it to be. The GREAT news is that my friend Candice gave me some tips on blocking this by wrapping it around a dinner plate, so maybe I can stretch it out a little bit. I’ll post the results of this endeavor in a few days! UPDATE 11/29: I stretched the hat around a dinner plate. It’s a little better, but ultimately, I realized that the instructions said to use a size 6 hook, and not a size 5. Oops!